You Guys already know Android 4.0 Ice cream Sandwich is the latest version of Google’s open source Android Operating System. But many people don’t know what’s new in this fromits older versions. So we are going to discuss this. Let’s Start:
Android Ice Cream Sandwich was launched last year at Google IO 2011 By Google and Galaxy Nexus Device is first device to run on it. It is designed to work on both Tablets and Mobile Devices. Here we are listing some new features which comes with Ice Cream Sandwich from users aspect:
- Better optimization for HD displays
- Comes with Improved keyboard
- Interactive Notifications
- Re sizable Widgets – you can increase or decrease its size.
- Video Chat support With Google Talk protocols
- Recent Apps button – Allow to Jump From One App To Other Quickly
- Core Apps are now related to skins with more features
- Face Unlock - Lets you unlock your phone by using facial recognition software
- Android Beam - Now Its easier to share data between devices using near-field communications (NFC)
- Better Performance And most Stable
- Better Web browsing
- Responding to calls with a text
Now New things from Developers aspect:
- New API’s
- End to Android fragmentation
- More Intensive
- Lot of SQL handling moved from the native to the Java layer
- Full hardware acceleration
This version of Android version is fastest, most stable and most integrated version. There are various devices now running on Ice Cream Sandwich – HTC One Sereies, Samsung galxy Note, S II, upcoming S III, Sony Tablet P, Sony Tablet S, Asus Transformer versions and many others. Now we are waiting for Android 5.0 which is rumored to be named as Jelly Bean. It is supposed to be unveiled at Google IO 2012 in July and Tickets for the event were sold out in just hours. But don’t worry there will be live streaming.
Check out more information of Google IO 2012 Here.