Here we are telling you how to install RAM in your Laptop. Many times people get stuck during installation of new memory stick or RAM in Laptops but now you can install it by simply following the steps below. You don’t need to have any technician’s skill. Before heading to it, it is recommended that you read the user manual that comes with your computer for specific procedures that may be required. If User Manual is not there, then your laptop manufacturer’s website should have one available for download in PDF format.
So if you read and checked or performed all mentioned steps in your device’s user guide and still can’t get anything then follow these steps:
- First of all you need to turn off the computer and remove all power cords from the computer system.
- Remove back cover and then pull out battery.
- Wait for some time if your Laptop was running earlier (to cool it down).
- Most of laptops require X- shaped screwdriver to open most of its components. So to open up your laptop parts use X screwdriver and dissemble body parts until you don’t find or locate the memory module slot cover.
- If replacing or upgrading an existing memory module, remove the memory modules by undoing module clamps and gently lifting the edge of the module to a 45-degree angle and then pulling the module out of the slot.
- Align the notch of the memory module with that of the memory slot and gently insert the module into the slot at a 45-degree angle.
- Replace the memory compartment cover and lock it down with the screw.
- Now assemble all parts as you disassembled them.
Finally boot your laptop and check your RAM. We are sure if you fixed them in right way you will find updated RAM information in your Control Panel.
If you have any other recommendations and difficulties and any other types of queries please drop us a comment.