Cheaper Android phones with all sorts of features have always been popular in India. Keeping this point in mind, Sony mobile has launched its Xperia Tipo dual smartphones last month, the company’s latest budget Android phone.
This phone has some special features and functions as compared to other same range smartphones. It has Android 4.0 ICS operating system while other smart phones in this range are using Android 2.3. As per Sony Mobile, Tipo is specially designed and made for Indian youth. It has special features like easy social networking and dual sim feature which allows easy switching between two SIMs using a dedicated hardware key and can set a particular SIM card to use at specific times of the day and also customize each SIM card separately with different ring-tones, notifications and theme.
Now coming to music, Sony has given unlimited access to Sony Entertainment Network and special feature like xLOUD & TrackID. The display of the phone is made up of mineral glass and is scratch resistant. Tipo Dual comes in two colors: silver and black, with plastic body which counts to its light weight 99grams.
Sony has also tied up with Box.net to offer free 50GB storage on the cloud. This offer is available across all Xperia NXT range of smartphones including the Tipo. And for gamers, it is capable of 3D and motion gaming.
- 800 MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon CPU, 512 MB of RAM.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS.
- 3.2 mp camera(2048×1536 pixels) with 4x digital zoom and VGA (480p) video recording.
- 3.2″ scratch-resistant, shatter-proof, multi-touch TFT capacitive touch screen with 320×480 pixels and 262k colors.
- 3G, Bluetooth 2.1, Wi-Fi, Assisted GPS, Micro-USB 2.0.
- FM radio with RDS, 3.5 mm jack.
- 3 GB of internal storage (2.2 GB user-accessible), 32 GB microSD card slot.
- Accelerometer, Proximity sensor.
- 1500 mAh battery,5 hours of talk time, 15 days standby, 36 hours of music playback, 8 hours of video playback.
- Package Contents: Charger, Battery, Screen guard, Micro-USB cable, Micro-SIM adapter, User manual.
However, This phone does not have flash light , front camera and a dedicated camera button
Overall, the phone’s design is certainly fresh, and in line with other handsets in Sony’s portfolio.