Today almost all the Business officials have Laptops but they are having the problems with battery life of their laptops which can affect their work. Earlier Laptops had 2-3 hrs battery life but now big companies are investing heavily on design of the their laptops’ battery life. A modern laptop has battery life upto 5-6 hours. Here we have written some tips to improve battery life of your Laptop.
- Lower your screen Brightness: Your battery levels are on higher levels when you are playing games, watching movies but after removing charger from your laptop, it works on your battery and the high brightness reduces battery life of the laptop. We must lower the brightness of the laptop while it is running on battery although lower brightness would cause inconvenience but you will end up being able to work longer on your laptop.
- Defragmentation of your Laptop: Regular defragmentation of your laptop’s hard drive will tidy up all your files. Therefore making laptop processor to work less to retrieve data to perform, thus this helps in sustaining battery life.
- Prevent scheduled tasks from running on battery power: Your virus scanner and disk defragmenter, along with auto updates from the likes of Apple and Google, are scheduled to run themselves on a regular basis—often without your knowledge or consent. Set these tasks to run only on AC power.
- Unplug external devices: Have a USB device plugged into your laptop that you aren’t using? Get it unplugged! Each device that you plug in is drawing power from your laptop’s battery. If you can live without your USB peripherals until you are able to plug your laptop into a power outlet then you’ll reap the rewards.
- Hibernate instead of sleep: Many people put their computer or laptop to sleep once they are finished using it, but did you know that sleep mode will only turn off the hard drive and the display? Your CPU is still working (although it does slow down) and your memory remains active, which both lead to reducing battery life. A better technique would be to put your laptop into “hibernation” which will save Windows’ current state but will completely shut down therefore saving that extra bit of battery life.
Here we are telling you how to install RAM in your Laptop. Many times people get stuck during installation of new memory stick or RAM in Laptops but now you can install it by simply following the steps below. You don’t need to have any technician’s skill. Before heading to it, it is recommended that you read the user manual that comes with your computer for specific procedures that may be required. If User Manual is not there, then your laptop manufacturer’s website should have one available for download in PDF format.
So if you read and checked or performed all mentioned steps in your device’s user guide and still can’t get anything then follow these steps:
- First of all you need to turn off the computer and remove all power cords from the computer system.
- Remove back cover and then pull out battery.
- Wait for some time if your Laptop was running earlier (to cool it down).
- Most of laptops require X- shaped screwdriver to open most of its components. So to open up your laptop parts use X screwdriver and dissemble body parts until you don’t find or locate the memory module slot cover.
- If replacing or upgrading an existing memory module, remove the memory modules by undoing module clamps and gently lifting the edge of the module to a 45-degree angle and then pulling the module out of the slot.
- Align the notch of the memory module with that of the memory slot and gently insert the module into the slot at a 45-degree angle.
- Replace the memory compartment cover and lock it down with the screw.
- Now assemble all parts as you disassembled them.
Finally boot your laptop and check your RAM. We are sure if you fixed them in right way you will find updated RAM information in your Control Panel.
If you have any other recommendations and difficulties and any other types of queries please drop us a comment.
All in One Computers are desktop computers which are packed with all components of a computer in the same case as the monitor. These PC’s are more portable than other desktop PCs and many have been built with carrying handles integrated into the case. They can simply be unplugged and transported to a new location. Apple has manufactured several all in one computers such as the original Macintosh of the mid-1980s and the iMac of the late 1990s and 2000s.
Like laptops All in One computers also lack the ability of upgradability or hardware customization as internal hardware is often placed in the back of the visual display unit. As it is very difficult to open the VDU, we have made a collection of the latest all in one computers for you. Have a look at these products listed below -
Dell XPS One 27-inch
Dell has taken a spectacular 27-inch display and pieced together an amazing all-in-one system around it. The screen itself offers an amazing 2560×2440 native resolution that gives it an amazing level of detail and excellent color. Add to this some solid performance in the form of Core i7 quad core desktop processor, 2TB hard drive with 32GB SSD Cache, GeForce GT 640M graphics and Blu-ray drive and this system can do just about anything and do it very well.
Acer All-In-One AZ5771-UR31P 23-inch
The Acer All-In-One AZ5771 may still be a bit much for some but it is one of the best overall, thanks to the features packed into the system for its price. For one, there are very few 23-inch all-in-ones that can be found in this price range. It even features a very responsive multitouch display panel. Too bad they don’t really include much software to take advantage of the touchscreen but Windows 8 is due to be released in several months. It does use a desktop class Core i3 processor which makes it alright but not one of the more powerful ones in the market. Acer also packs this with too much software which can impact the performance.
Sony VAIO SVL24112FX 24-inch
All-in-ones with media features make excellent options for those with little space who want a PC and a media center. Sony’s VAIO SVL24112FX excels when it comes to media features. The 24-inch display fully supports 1080p video and is even a capacitive touchscreen. The system comes with an HDTV tuner built in and also a Blu-ray drive. The best part is that the system can be used as a media center for TV without the need for the PC to be running which most can’t do.
Multi-channel audio systems are widely used in modern sound devices. The term “multi-channel audio” means that, the audio system can be capable of handling multiple audio channels (usually called audio tracks) to rebuild the sound on a multi-speaker setup.
Here in 2.0 , 2.1, 4.1 and 5.1 audio systems’ first digit shows the number of primary speakers called satellite units (these speakers are capable for handling the frequency range from 100Hz to 22Khz), while the second (decimal digit) refers to the presence of LFE (Low Frequency Effect), which is reproduced on a subwoofer (produces lower frequencies 20Hz-200Hz).
These types of speakers systems have two speakers one called left speaker and another one is right speaker. It is also called stereo speakers and compatible with all TV ,DVD players, mobile phones and laptops. It does not include a subwoofer. For positioning of speakers see the image (2.0 speakers positioning )
Beyond the left and right channels, there is the additional aspect of bass which normally requires a subwoofer. A 2.1 speaker has 3 speakers, two satellite and one base speaker. The only difference between 2.0 and 2.1 speakers is the addition of a subwoofer in 2.1 speaker system for lower frequencies and gives real time sound experience. It is compatible with all latest phones, DVD players and TV. It is important to place speakers at right position for better sound experience.
Surround sound systems are one of the widely used surround sound setup in home theater systems. For this 4.1 speakers are the first speaker configuration with four satellite speakers (Front Right ,Front Left, Rear Right and Rear Left) with one base speaker (subwoofer). These type of speakers require audio source which has a minimum of four channel audio out for this if you want to connect these speakers to your laptop/desktop then you should have 4.1 channel sound card in your laptop/desktop or you can run this with DVD players.
Surround sound systems are one of the widely used surround sound setup in home theater systems. Usually- Dolby Digital and DTS encoded in a DVD are 5.1 channel audio formats. The main difference between 4.1 and 5.1 speakers is the addition of one more speaker called central speaker with this 5.1 speakers have five satellite speakers(Center, Front Right, Front Left, Rear Right and Rear Left ) and one subwoofer. These types of speakers are compatible with those laptops/desktops which have 5.1 sound card and with DVD players. The arrangements of a 5.1 surround sound setup shown in the picture below.
Buy speakers at MirchiMart
Google Announced its latest laptop based on Chrome OS Samsung Chromebook for $249. It is of 11.6-inch, fanless ARM based laptop. This new Chromebook is very thin around 0.8 inches and weighs around 2.43 pounds. The specialty of the Chromebook is its boot time – it only takes 10 seconds to boot. It can play 1080p HD videos without any lag. Google is giving 100GB of free space on Google Drive to better integrate it with web services.
Samsung Chromebook is also packed with dual-core A15-based processor with 2GB RAM and 16GB built-in flash storage, it also include WiFi a/b/g/n and Bluetooth for connectivity. Other specs include a 1366 x 768 native screen resolution, a USB 3.0 port, a USB 2.0 socket, combo headphone / mic jack, an SD card slot and a “full-size” Chrome keyboard. Its battery backup is about 6.4 hours after full charge which is quite good. You’ll be able to order it from next week for $249.
Consumers will be able to easily use all their favorite Google apps seamlessly through this device. Pinchai says that Google worked hard to make sure that everything that you need was all just one-click away. Whether you need Gmail, Google Drive, Play, Google+ Hangouts, etc., it’s available to you.
So here’s one more announcement from Google but do you really need Chromebook.
Google hinted nothing about October 29 event which is based on Android. We will let you know about news so stay connected with us.
Comfort : The only way to judge the comfort is to put on a set of headphone for at least 10 minutes. If it is uncomfortable then headphone and its sound quality is useless, so be precise in selecting the type of head phone. Ideal headphone should be light weight and not produce too much pressure on your ears.
- Minijack plug (also known as 1/8 inch and 3.5mm): This is the most common headphone connector, now a day’s all source of audio devices have this type of connector jack like mobile phones iPods, laptop, tablets etc
- ¼ inch plug: This type of connector is required for connecting headphone to guitar amps, DJ mixers and non portable audio devices.
- 2.5mm jack: Commonly used in old cell phones
Frequency response: While buying a head phone one must check frequency response which lies between audible frequency range i.e. 10 Hz-20KHz, here lower frequency produces base effect and higher range frequency produces treble sound.
Total harmonic distortion (THD): True headphones have lower THD. Standard THD of a headphone must be lower than 1%; lower the THD, the better is the sound quality.
Impedance: Generally speaking, lower the headphone’s electrical impedance the easier it is to get higher volume, but for higher volume, other factors also come into account like driving power of source audio. To be sure first listen with your head phone. Standard available head phone impedance lies between 16 ohm and 32 ohm.
Sensitivity (loudness): A measure of headphone efficiency in dBs per milliwatt of input. A low number means that the headphones need more power to sound as loud as those which have a higher sensitivity. Typical sensitivity ranges between 90dB – 150dB.
Other points are: A head phone must be durable and portable as per user requirement.
Some of mobile headphones are equipped with microphone and nowadays there is a trend of buying ear buds which are smaller in size comfortable and fits in ear canal canceling noise from surroundings. Please do not use these types of head phones while driving or crossing roads and railway tracks. Explore wide range of headphones/earphones at MirchiMart