Today at a highly anticipated event in San Francisco a thinner, taller, faster iPhone 5 was unveiled. It is the sixth iPhone model officially known as iPhone 5. As expected the new iPhone is 18 percent thinner than the iPhone 4S and also 20 percent lighter for a total of 112 grams. It is the thinnest smartphone in the world according to Apple.
It has a Retina display with 4inch screen at 326 pixels per inch. The total pixel count is 1136×640 and we now have a 16:9 aspect ratio. Apple said the iPhone 5′s processor speed is twice as fast as the previous version. The iPhone 5 is also the Apple’s first smartphone which supports the 4G-LTE Network Connectivity. LTE tends to be a power hog, but the iPhone 5 is set to deliver respectable battery life. Of course, the real story may differ, but here’s what Apple is promising for now. It also has the 8MP camera with the best resolution being 3264×2448 pixels.
Apple iPhone 5 Specs
- 7.6 mm 18% thinner
- 112 grams 20% lighter
- 4-inch retina display
- 1136 x640 resolution 326 ppi
- New wifi 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz on 802.11n
- iPhone5 New A6 chip
- Enhanced Battery life of 3G talk time 8h – 3G browsing 8h – LTE browsing 8h – wifi browsing 10h – video 10h – music 40h standby 225h.
- Enhanced Image Processing with next gen ISP, spatial noise reduction, smart filter, better low-light perf, faster photo capture (40%) – camera is 25% smaller.
- iPhone 5 New Camera 8 MP 3264×2448 – backside illumination sensor
- iCloud + iOS6
- New connector
Apple iPhone 5 will soon be available in market from 14th September. Apple will take pre-orders of this product. iPhone 5 pricing with a carrier plan in US for 16GB is $199 -32GB $299 – 64GB $399 pre-order sept 14 ship on sept 21. No information has been passed about its launch in India.